This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Zune - can I install on new pc if on another

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Here's what I would like to do, I got a Zune 30gb for my nephew. I would like to get it set up for him by installing the new software and removing the stuff that came on it and put a few CDs on it for him. The issue is we are 6 hours apart. Can he then install it on his computer and it will just back up the zune as a new one or will it erase it and start over? What happens when you "get a new pc" and were not able to back-up the hard drive? This is what it would be like. I will then delete his zune off my pc anyway. Suggestions for this?

Here's what I would like to do, I got a Zune 30gb for my nephew. I would like to get it set up for him by installing the new software and removing the stuff that came on it and put a few CDs on it for him.

The issue is we are 6 hours apart.

Can he then install it on his computer and it will just back up the zune as a new one or will it erase it and start over? What happens when you "get a new pc" and were not able to back-up the hard drive? This is what it would be like. I will then delete his zune off my pc anyway.

Suggestions for this?


Hi websurfer68

Your question below in bold

"can I install on new pc if on another"

If you have to buy the software for Zune and only one installation is allowed, I think you would have trouble - meaning if you have it on your computer, then that would be that.

No one else has responded to your post so although I know little about Zune, that would be my first question above. Is it like an ipod that you can just plug in with a USB connection? if so I cannot then see that you cannot set it up for your nephew for I guess his Christmas present!

Sorry I am not more help, I googled it and there is loads of information there, but not allot on what you can do as far as your question is concerned.

Kind regards, and hopefully someone else will come by and help you out more than I could.

kind regards,

Since posting to you I have found good information here

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI