This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

MP3 Player

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an old 60GB Zune, but the audio jack is breaking (think mono versus stereo). I haven't had to think about a new MP3 player in quite some times, about 6 years, and I want to go back to a Zune, but didn't know where the market is today. What do you think? What do you have and would you recommend it?
The MP3 player market has changed drastically. As more people have smart phones capable of playing MP3s, streaming music, and videos, the dedicated MP3 player market has shrunk. In fact, Microsoft no longer makes dedicated Zune hardware, or any MP3 players. The Zune software was rolled into Windows Phone. So if you want to get a brand new Zune player, your only option is to get a WIndows Phone. If you want something that simply plays MP3s, there is no shortage of options. However, again people expect more from their players, and many are getting players that also run Apple or Android apps and include a camera.
No more Zune? Holy carp** I have missed so much. I don't have a "real" smart phone (palm pixi thing), so I didn't think about music on my phone. carp**, I have a lot to think about. Thanks!
I have a Google Nexus phone with an unlimited data plan, so usually when I listen to music on it I'm streaming from Google Music, or a 3rd party (Pandora, Spotify, Rdio). I also have an iPod Touch that has more stored music. I use it often with a dock on my home A/V system, or with a small bluetooth speaker.

If I didn't have a phone, and had to pick one player, I'd probably go with an Android based one. Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-YP-GI1CB-XAA…/dp/B007SRNPPU/ But if you don't need the latest and greatest, a used or refurbished iPod Touch would make a solid choice: http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC544/re…ouch-32gb-black

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI