This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Newly Registered

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I just registered because my computer & I are burdened by the "black door trojan" malware. Yesterday, I found this site and followed the recommendations for a similarly affected victim and my problems seemd to stop temporarily. However, today I am having the original problems. I'm looking for help but do not want to burden you folks by asking for a solution for something that has already been addressed …. but after following the other example, I'm wondering if each infection requires its own unique solution. Thanks for being online. Dave
Hi, and Welcome to WhatTheTech :)

I can see you've already posted in the Malware Removal Forum. You should receive help soon enough from one of our expert members, until then take a look round, theres lots to see here.

In answer to your question, yes, generally the solution to clean any given computer is different, as the combination of infections on each computer affects how it behaves. You can get rid of certain infections with identical methods, but this will not guarantee your computer will be clean at the end of it. It is for this reason that we require every user have their own topic in the Malware Removal Forum.

Hope you get your problem sorted soon :)

jpshortstuff