For the last week my computer has been under attack by these Malware. I have attempted all the self help fixes MBAM and NPE as some and they keep coming back as alerts from my Norton Anti Virus.PLEASE HELP I've noticed other people being helped on these forums from qualified professionals and I believe that is what I need to finally get rid of this accursed piece of malware. Also recently my web browser has opened random redirect links and I believe that is due to the trojan. My operating system is Windows Vista Service Pack 2 64 bit
In Dire Need, Rudabega
Hi and Welcome!! My name isJeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so. DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your Operating System and losing all your programs and data.
Having said that….Let's get going!!
———-
Please download DDS from either of these links
LINK 1 LINK 2
and save it to your desktop.
Disable any script blocking protection
Right-click and Run as Administrator dds to run the tool.
When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
Save both reports to your desktop.
————————————————— Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:
DDS.txt
Attach.txt
———-
Please download aswMBR to your desktop.
Right click and Run as Administrator the aswMBR icon to run it.
Click the Scan button to start scan.
When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.
[external image: Posted Image] Click the image to enlarge it
———-
**WARNING**Unfortunately one or more of the infections I have identified are Backdoor Trojans, IRCBots or other Malware capable of stealing very important information. You need to stop using all Internet Banking sites, change passwords to all sites with sensitive information from a clean computer and phone your bank to inform them that you may be a victim of identify theft. More often than not, we advise users that a full reinstallation of their Operating System is the only way to ensure that their computer will ever be 100% clean again.
Unfortunately I have found what is known as the ZeroAccess rootkit on your system. It is an especially nasty infection that can take quite some time to clean as well as may have damaged your system files itself. As a warning, during the cleaning (if you choose to do so) you may lose internet access with this computer and in the end we may need to reinstall the operating system anyway depending on the extent of the infection.
If you would like to format and reinstall your Operating System please let me know and we can assist you with that.
If you would like to continue with the cleaning, please continue with the following instructions and I will be more than happy to help.
———-
Download Combofix from either of the links below, and save it to your desktop. Link 1 Link 2
**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
If you get a message saying "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion", please restart your computer.
——————————————————————–
IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
——————————————————————–
Right-Click and Run as Administrator on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt for further review.
Ohh darn did not plan on it being tht bad, Well im calling the companies now and I'd like if we could continue with the cleaning process. I have downloaded and saved combo fix and ran it as administrator once and it ran untill the bar was halfway then t stopped and froze at output point(random numbers) and then dissapeare after a minute. I tried running again without norton spyware and anti virus (i foolishly forgot to turn those off,:( ) and ran it again as administrator and it did the same thing. Is there something i am doing wrong? You did say turn off anti spyware and anti virus and I did for norton but i also have malware bytes free version, could that be the problem?
Rudabega
Hi,
It is the infection that is blocking ComboFix from running. This infection is the "real deal" and may take several sweeps to remove it. Try to remain patient as I know you want your system back as quickly as possible.
Boot to Safe Mode with Networking and try to run ComboFix from there.
Ok I ran Combo fix in safe mode and it started to run. Then when it hit the part where it shows a separate window with a loading bar it said error cannot access registry key (insert number) and it gave you the option to skip or stop, so i skipped it, then immediately after it happened again and i skipped again and it continued like that until the the loading bar in the separate window finished. Then the scan continued and froze after it finished exporting files and set an output point. I had to cancel Combofix due to the freeze so i cancelled it and ran it again.
The second time i ran Combofix it did the same thing except it also said right in the beginning of the scan that it could not access a certain file, [the name was a bunch of numbers and letters (i'm not a professional but from other forums I've seen with people that have the same Trojan the numbers looked oddly familiar to the numbers in the name of the Trojan file)]. I then finished the scan and when it was done it said a warning that Norton anti Virus and anti spyware interfered with the scan and theres is a risk of damaging your computer if you continued the scan, and that it will continue the scan, It showed these twice, and after i clicked okay for each they disappeared and nothing happened.
I finally tried to run it a third time and instead of Combofix running adobe updater windows would open requesting me to update adobe. At that i was really worried so i restarted normally so my Norton would come back on(I know it probably doesn't help but I feel safer when it's on).
Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
Enter System Recovery Options.
To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account an click Next.
To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
Insert the installation disc.
Restart your computer.
If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
Click Repair your computer.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account and click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt
[*]Select Command Prompt
[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
[*]The tool will start to run.
[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
[*]Press Scan button.
[*]It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txt
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
On Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options.
Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
ok well I ran the script and everything worked and i got the Fixlog,
But now my computer wont run…… everytime i turn my computer on the after the opening screen i see the windows bar i usually see loading my interface but then it just goes black, I ccan see my mouse but other then that it is all black, I attempted booting in safe mode and got the same result, I also tried starting with the last workuing configuration option and that did not work. Now i have to post this reply to you through my work labtop…..=(
PLEASE HELP!! i don't know what to do? is there any way I can just undo this? or reconfigure or something??
In Despearate need Rudabega
Hi,
Ok…Please run a new scan with FRST and post the new log. I understand how this can be worrisome as I have been in your shoes before, but removing malware can sometimes be quite trying and you have been doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
In your next reply please post the new log made by FRST.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI