This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Savetheinformation infection - HJT log included

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey there… I'm having a little problem with the savetheinformation virus and possibly other infections. I've included below a log of HJT, which I renamed the .exe file to "spyware.exe" just in case. As always, don't know exactly what I'm looking at. I'm usually familiar with HJT and file descriptions but this bug I can't seem to get rid of. I got rid of it for over a week and just yesterday it came back. Any/all advice would be greatly appreciated. The log is short and sweet, or sour as it would seem ^_^ . Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 1:33:15 AM, on 11/14/2007 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 SP2 (7.00.5450.0004) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32.exe C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32.exe C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\Ad-Watch2007.exe C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe C:\Documents and Settings\krash\Desktop\Spyware.exe O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A95B2816-1D7E-4561-A202-68C0DE02353A} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\qadihscr.dll O3 - Toolbar: Security Toolbar - {11A69AE4-FBED-4832-A2BF-45AF82825583} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\qadihscr.dll O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL O20 - Winlogon Notify: qadihscr - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\qadihscr.dll O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
Hi, and Welcome to WhatTheTech :)

My name is jpshortstuff. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

As I am still training here, my posts to you will be checked by an Expert member. This will ensure that all advice and instructions I give you are accurate and safe. This may mean that my replies may take a little longer.


Sorry about the delay in responding :(

If you still need help:

Show all hidden files:
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
  • Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.
Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.

Scan again with HijackThis, and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Then I will analyze your log and sort out a fix for you :)

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.


jpshortstuff

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI