This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cursor has a "moving experience" all on its own

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Alright :thumbup: , thanks for the info, I will have to set aside a time for a download of one or the other. This place seems
to be very helpful, am glad I found it. Happy Thanksgiving to you if I dont get back here before then.


Hi Concerned Surfer,

Do they have a graphic showing
when something ( someone ) is trying to reach the internet ?


Most firewalls would show a popup if something or someone is trying to access the internet.

When information is flowing either way, one and then both of the green screens would light up. You could
tell if something ( someone ) was trying to reach the web just by watching the icon. Are the Zonealarm
and Comodo like that ?


ZoneAlarm and Comodo both show you whether traffic is incoming or outgoing.

Also what is their download size, if you remember ? If not, no problem, I will
find out when I try to download them. Yes… this is dialup.


I don't know what the download size for ZoneAlarm is, but the download size for Comodo Firewall Pro is 7MB.

Just a hint for Comodo Firewall, get used to seeing "Would you like to allow access to the internet for this program?". Comodo Firewall cannot remember rules for applications such as SVCHOST.EXE or EXPLORER.EXE, even if you choose "Remember my answer for this application" and click Allow or Deny.

Do some research on both firewalls to see which firewall is right for you.

I woiuld be willing to bet you need to replace the little pad underneath the keyboard that contains the electronics for the pointing stick. It is rare to have to do so with the IBM manufactured part; but common with the one made by ALPS. It is not an expensive part, if it is allowed to be replaced independent of the keyboard. (Even a full keyboard replacement is usually not pricey). You can try throwing software at the problem, but it will not correct a failing sensor pad.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI