Simon,
I did what you suggested but Spybot tells me upon startup that it is blocking a home page change.
Also, after I made the changes and went to restart, the SysFader problem came back. I looked at those 4 boxes we unchecked earlier. They are still unchecked.
Is there anyway to do a system restore back to a month ago? Or have we wiped them all out already? This is getting really frustrating.
Simon,
I figured since IE was giving me problems, I'd update to IE 7. That seems to have fixed both the SysFader problem and the need for repeated clicking to load the program(s).
Still seeing the Spybot prevent the home page change….if thats the way it has to be, so be it.
One other thing, I wanted to clean out some of the unused icons in the tray near the clock, but I can't remember how to do that. Can you help?
You can fix thse unnecessary items with HijackThis:
Note: All these items are not required to start with Windows. If you want to keep a program to start when Windows start, don't fix it with HijackThis. If you have any questions regarding a HijackThis entry, please ask.
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI