I was trying to download a movie.then I was told to download bitgrabber in order to find the password that unlocks the movie.I did it and ads keep popping up.I would appreciate if someone could help me..
Welcome to WTT. Sounds like a bad idea all around, seeking the wrong movie and it requiring the wrong software. Usually a setup to get infection downloaded and active on computers. Let's start by taking a look at what all is loaded there.
Please download HijackThis from Here. Then click on the downloaded file, install HijackThis, and select Do a system scan and save logfile. Use copy/paste and post that log back here for review.
Also Go Here and download Silent Runners to your desktop. Run it, and post back here the log it creates. If your protective software queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious. It will create a file named Startup Programs, and will notify when the scan is complete. Copy the log from the Startup Programs file back here. You can use separate posts here if needed.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI