Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Hijackthis application

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 willow

willow

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 03:11 AM

Hi there I'm trying to help my brother get rid of a nasty sex dialer trojan....shame on him!...lol. But I can't get online to download the Hijackthis program. I saved it on cd from my computer, but I then couldn't open it on his computer. He has windows 98. I couldn't see any suitable programs to open it with either. Displaying the file in explorer, it doesn't even show up as program. I thought I can't have saved it properly, but when came home found it works fine, ( I'm running windows xp) So I guess my question is either, what can I do to get rid of the dialer enough to even get online to download hijackthis, or how can I get his computer to open the program from my cd. Thanks :-)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:07 AM

put it on a floppy.. if that doesnt do it.. then right click ON THIS LINK and choose to "save as". .. when its done right click on the file and choose to rename it and simply add .exe to

I do not host this file normally, I am late getting out the door to work or I would ask permission to do so this one time.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"