This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hijackthis application

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi there I'm trying to help my brother get rid of a nasty sex dialer trojan….shame on him!…lol. But I can't get online to download the Hijackthis program. I saved it on cd from my computer, but I then couldn't open it on his computer. He has windows 98. I couldn't see any suitable programs to open it with either. Displaying the file in explorer, it doesn't even show up as program. I thought I can't have saved it properly, but when came home found it works fine, ( I'm running windows xp) So I guess my question is either, what can I do to get rid of the dialer enough to even get online to download hijackthis, or how can I get his computer to open the program from my cd. Thanks :-)
put it on a floppy.. if that doesnt do it.. then right click ON THIS LINK and choose to "save as". .. when its done right click on the file and choose to rename it and simply add .exe to





I do not host this file normally, I am late getting out the door to work or I would ask permission to do so this one time.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI