This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

"What the tech" is a G15A922EN program?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, this is Bill, from Baltimore, MD. and my first time posting. The next best thing I enjoy about working with computers and software, is learning how to fix my own problems by reading forums like Geeks-to-Go, Bleeping Computer, etc. Hopefully I can be of service to many others here to find answers. I have a simple question: "What the tech" is a G15A922EN program? I want to know if it is safe or good to uninstall before I image my Dell laptop? I found Malware on my Dell recently, and I noticed this program- that seems to be an installer- but I don't know if MS put it there or "the beast"! Also, I can't find anything relavent about this on MS, Gooogle, or any tech site, save for the fact that it seems to be on an aweful lot of computers which are having spyware issues, etc. Thanks for your help and time. ( : Bill
Interesting. I couldn't find much on it, which suggests that is possibly random and malicious. However, most people report it on Dell systems, and followed by a blank line in add/remove programs. The pattern is also similar to a Dell installer. I suspect it's a corrupt Dell update. It should be safe to remove using add/remove programs. Have you tried? P.S. Moved to other software forum.
HI Blair! No, I didn't until I read your post. Clicked on the 'remove' button in add/remove programs and… it 'went'… just fine! Am hoping to clean my machine as much as I can before imaging. If anything major is to happen later on account of this program's removal and this topic is still open, I will post again to let others know about it. Thanks again for responding, Bill

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI