Software
changing msstyles
2 min read
vista?
Topic Starter
As you are probably aware, one can use msstyles to change the appearance of one's PC. My problem is when I download a msstyles from anywhere (such as Deviant Art Visual Styles) when I open them (it opens up the Display Properties on the Appearance tab. What should happen is that it should display my selected theme (the one i want to use) but instead it shows my current theme on the preview area.
Why is this happening and how can I solve this problem- plz help - I love msstyles but why won't they work!
PS: If I've posted this in the wrong section, please tell me where I should post it.
Jacee
You can check with Deviant Art, if this topic doesn't help:
http://forum.deviantart.com/os/xp/974024/
http://forum.deviantart.com/os/xp/974024/
vista?
You can check with Deviant Art, if this topic doesn't help:
http://forum.deviantart.com/os/xp/974024/
I checked with D A (Deviant Art) but nothing helps also the link you suggested didn't help either. Whenever I download a msstyles (from any site the same problem occurs
PS - My PC IS WINDOWS MEDIA CENTRE EDITION 2005 , SP2
Doug
I've not ever used "msstyles" but it appears that some themes are developed for XP and some for Vista.
You would need to select an XP msstyles theme if you wanted it to be recognized on your MediaCenter2005 machine.
Otherwise, there may be some patches available to make a Vista Theme compatible.
Some suggested resources are listed in the link that Jacee provided above.
Best Regards
vista?
I've not ever used "msstyles" but it appears that some themes are developed for XP and some for Vista.
You would need to select an XP msstyles theme if you wanted it to be recognized on your MediaCenter2005 machine.
Otherwise, there may be some patches available to make a Vista Theme compatible.
Some suggested resources are listed in the link that Jacee provided above.
Best Regards
Thankyou I understand this but I've downloaded msstyles which USED to work for me on my MCE2005 but now don't which is what I'd like to sort out.
Also, right now, as I write this I'm using a msstyle called Royale Noir. If this works, how come others which used to work don't work now?
Jacee
Royale Noir is an XP msstyle.
vista?
I know, but what about XP designed msstyles that used to work that won't work anymore on this XP PC
vista?
Recently, I downloaded a trial copy of TuneUp Utilities 2007 (included in the trial was TuneUp Styler).
Anyway, to my surprise, since I had TuneUp installed all the msstyles that didn't open worked like a miracle. Unfortunately, my trial has expired and my msstyles don't work so I'm back to Royale Noir.
Hopefully, this description will help you to help me. 
Jason Pr0
can someone help me
i have a sp3 computer
and im looking for a cool msstyle
ive got all the royle ones and the royle remixs
can someone give me a link?
thnx
im mostly looking for vista
=D
sincearly
jason Pr0
paws
Hi, I have responded in the new Topic you posted here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Service_Pack…528#entry627528
Regards
paws
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Service_Pack…528#entry627528
Regards
paws
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI