This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Just Intoducing Myself , I'm New & Have A Question

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi There,

I'm Auntie V, and I'm new. Hi Everyone :) I just tried to make a small donation from your paypal donation site and it's not letting me just use my card, it's wanting me to sign up, wt? paypal can go…, well… I dont wanna sign up with them, is that the only way to donate ?
Hi Auntie V and welcome to WhatTheTech :)

It would appear that there are only 2 ways to donate as layed out on this page:
http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

The only other way being to use the mailing address.

And its very kind of you to want to donate even before receiving and help here :)

Feel free to look around, lots of different Computer Help categories on this site.

Just an FYI, this thread isn't completely suited to this forum, as this is for the removal or infections. No problem though.

jpshortstuff

Hi Auntie V and welcome to WhatTheTech :)

It would appear that there are only 2 ways to donate as layed out on this page:
http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

The only other way being to use the mailing address.

And its very kind of you to want to donate even before receiving and help here :)

Feel free to look around, lots of different Computer Help categories on this site.

Just an FYI, this thread isn't completely suited to this forum, as this is for the removal or infections. No problem though.

jpshortstuff


Ok Thanks, I just checked out the page from the url you posted and yeah, the only 2 options are paypal and snailmail,
Bummer, I haven't sent anything by US Mail in so long, I don't even know where a mailbox is!! hahaha! Isn't that sad??

I do everything online these days, wow… that just made me realize just how long it's been since I've even licked a stamp!!
hahahaha! Well, I have skype that allows its members to send money to other members… if ya'll use skype I can send
a donation through there… If not, I'll eventually find a mailbox somewhere and snailmail it.

Just because I have never requested help here doesn't mean I have never received any. ;o) Do you know how many times
I googled a suspicious file name I found on my computer or other issues I was having and clicked on links in the search
results that led me to your site? alot of advice I read on here from other members was very helpful and resolved issues
I was having. I decided to join this site for not only that reason, but one of the contributing factors was the name of your site ;o)

alot goes into naming a site, just as when one chooses a name for their business: I learned somewhere,
that when you are deciding to buy a product, or do business with a company , or give a donation, volunteer somewhere, etc…
and are trying to decide on who to go with (if several options are available) that the name of the company or organization, non-profit
or otherwise, should always play a role in the deciding factors. When naming a business, a website, a pet, a child,etc…
usually alot of thought is put into it because that is the name that will be associated with it , in most cases, for the
duration of it's existance, unless it's changed for some reason. It went on to say

What is in a name ?

Is it something generic?, does it have meaning or is it memorable? Naming things is a crucial part of setting up a business and
it may reflect directly on how many resources an operator has invested in this business. If they aren't implementing a fair amount
of ingenuity, this may be a direct reflection on their approach to the community - specifically YOU the consumer.

I dig the name of this site, I thought it was original, cute, and clever ;o) A play on words is always big with me, I have always
liked using a play on words when I see an opportunity to do so. So ya, my contribution with a donation would be appropriate
since I've used my fair share of advice from your forum. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due, because you had mentioned
something about me not ever receiving help here, and that's not true.

And thank you for the reply, let me know if you guys have skype or not… and if thats an option to send a donation as an alternative
to having to snail mail it.

Thanks a bunch!


Oh! P.S. – I just realized that you said this wasn't the appropriate place for this thread (or something to that affect) but before I posted
here, I wanted to make sure I was posting in the right place so that I didnt p**s anyone off by being off the topic, so I clicked on the
"Introduce Yourself" topic, and then I read where it said Newbies read this first, or something like that!- then went on to
the section where it said to introduce myself. I only mentioned the donation part because I was having difficulty with trying to send one
without having to open a paypal acct, but that wasnt really intended to be part of my introduction! hahaha! anyway… my bad, sorry 'bout that ;o)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI