Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Google "analytics"...?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,472 posts
  • Interests:... The never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American way.

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:20 AM

I have seen the "google-analytics" running in my browser for quite some time now, depending on what website visited, including this one.

So, what's it all about and why are my visits being "analyzed" by Google?

Why?

'Some marketing genius' plan to psychoanalyze my surfing habits or what?

:(

.The machine has no brain.
 ......... Use your own.
Browser check for updates here.
YOU need to defend against -all- vulnerabilities.
Hacks only need to find -1- to get in...

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 rstones12

rstones12

GTG Retired Staff-Malware Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:27 PM

http://www.google.com/analytics/

;)
"Security is a Process not a Product"

Posted Image Version 2.0

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

#3 AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,472 posts
  • Interests:... The never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American way.

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:57 PM

"...online marketing initiatives..." ...as suspected. Ugh. :(

.The machine has no brain.
 ......... Use your own.
Browser check for updates here.
YOU need to defend against -all- vulnerabilities.
Hacks only need to find -1- to get in...

#4 Blair

Blair

SuperMember

• Root Admin
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:57 PM

It's used here, and I'm sure at other sites simply as a stats tool. Number of visitors, popular search terms, pages, etc. It was the major reason Google purchased Urchin. There's really nothing you can't get from a decent stat tool running locally on the server. However, I read recently that many people suspect it can help a site's search results, and won't harm them. There's also some new features coming soon I wanted to test. Finally, we'll be moving servers soon, and it doesn't hurt to have a third party stats tool installed during the transition. It's been running here about a month, and unless I notice something I can't live without it won't likely be here longer than another month.
Posted Image

#5 john58975

john58975

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:58 AM

Gostats works much better then Google analytics. It keeps the track of number of visitors, pages, bounce rate etc. like Google analytics but in an advance way.