Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

freeware for digital camera?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bensmumma

bensmumma

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

I got a new pc but cannot find the disk for my digital camera software. Fuji only offers the usb driver on the website. Is there any freeware that I can install on my pc, to upload my pics from my camera?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:46 PM

I got a new pc but cannot find the disk for my digital camera software. Fuji only offers the usb driver on the website. Is there any freeware that I can install on my pc, to upload my pics from my camera?

Hi 'bensmumma',

I have a Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 with a USB cable, I plug it into the camera and the tower or Laptop and upload my pics. No software is necessary at all in my case, so perhaps it will be the same in yours if you try it.

kind regards,

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:31 PM

Select your model number then look further down the list of software offerings.
http://www.fujifilmu...?prodcat=234644
I browsed a few sample models and see that USB Driver is the first 3 items, followed by modifications for Mac machines, then some entries for Fine Pix Viewer or some such application.

What you want may be there, further down the list.
or if what you want isn't offered under your model heading, it might be available as a download in a similar camera model.

Or, you might be right that little is offered, at which point you'd need to be talking with Fuji customer service.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#4 bensmumma

bensmumma

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:38 AM

Thanks! I had tried once with no luck, but the next time I tried it worked, I was able to just upload to the windows picture viewer (I think that's what it was called...).

#5 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:06 PM

Thanks! I had tried once with no luck, but the next time I tried it worked, I was able to just upload to the windows picture viewer (I think that's what it was called...).

Bensmumma,

Glad you were able to upload your pics. Did you have success just with connecting the USB cable to camera and PC only?

I use Picasa for organising and storing my pics. You can find it here

Please let us know how you succeeded so we can all learn. Maybe Picasa software will suit you to store you pics.

kind regards,

#6 bensmumma

bensmumma

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:51 PM

The first time I connected my camera, it automatically installed the drivers, but then nothing else happened. After poking around a bit on the net looking for freeware (that is unnecessary, I now know!) I tried it again, and it immediately opened up "autoplay" which gave me a bunch of options of what to do with the pictures. I chose windows and it was super simple. I've used picasa in the past, right now I'm using flickr primarily as most of my pictures are being used for online sharing. I may try picasa again, though!