Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

What Makes a Template "Good"?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CALM

CALM

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:48 AM

In your guys mind, what do you think makes a template "good"? Do you thnk that in order for a template to be considered good it should be a one of a kind? What type of ad placement do you think is best for proxy sites specifically? (EX. Around the URL bar etc) I am currently looking around and tweaking some of my own templates right now. _________________

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:21 AM

Hello,

I am guessing you are talking about web/blog templates. Web templates do not have to be one-of-a-kind to be good. Templates are made to be copied and so I don't know if you can really have a unique template. A template is good when it flows well with the content. You would want to have the look of your website portray what the website is about to keep flow. Find one that gives an appropriate image to your message.

Also to consider is the layout of the template, make sure that it is organized as you envision your website should be.

Take a look at the following:
Website Templates: Advantages and Disadvantages Of Using Web Templates or WYSIWYG Editors For Web Designing

Also as far as ads are concerned:
Website Templates: 42 Points to Make More Money With Adsense

You can find more relevant topics at that domain as well.

Regards,

Ax