This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

hotkey keyboard access violation

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

All of a sudden when I boot up I get "Hotkey Keyword Access violation address 00431627 read of address 0000132". I found in my processes zhotkey and when I close that the error messages stop popping up. What is this and how can I fix it?
Hi Starwood, "zhotkey.exe" is a feature of some Gateway machines with Chicony advance feature keyboards. Do you happen to have a Gateway machine? Do you happen to have a Chicony keyboard? __________ If you intend to "use" hotkeys to open applications and locations, you will have to edit the "target" of the keyboard combination. If the activity is unwanted, you can stop it via MSCONFIG to disable the item "zhotkey". Or to be completely rid of it, you may be able to Uninstall "zhotkey.exe" via Control Panel - Add/Remove _______ If you don't have a Gateway machine or Chicony keyboard, you or another user of the machine may have downloaded/installed a third-party application that allows the user to create HotKeys for keyboard navigation/activation of application/locations. You can search the list of Control Panel - Add/Remove to uninstall any such application. Best Regards
Yes it is a gateway computer and keyboard. I never use hotkey to open programs. I checked under add/remove programs but there is no zhotkey there. I wouldn't mind completely uninstalling it though,. I did go into msconfig and disable it. I'll see if that helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI