Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

hotkey keyboard access violation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 starwood

starwood

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:17 AM

All of a sudden when I boot up I get "Hotkey Keyword Access violation address 00431627 read of address 0000132". I found in my processes zhotkey and when I close that the error messages stop popping up. What is this and how can I fix it?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:37 AM

Hi Starwood, "zhotkey.exe" is a feature of some Gateway machines with Chicony advance feature keyboards. Do you happen to have a Gateway machine? Do you happen to have a Chicony keyboard? __________ If you intend to "use" hotkeys to open applications and locations, you will have to edit the "target" of the keyboard combination. If the activity is unwanted, you can stop it via MSCONFIG to disable the item "zhotkey". Or to be completely rid of it, you may be able to Uninstall "zhotkey.exe" via Control Panel - Add/Remove _______ If you don't have a Gateway machine or Chicony keyboard, you or another user of the machine may have downloaded/installed a third-party application that allows the user to create HotKeys for keyboard navigation/activation of application/locations. You can search the list of Control Panel - Add/Remove to uninstall any such application. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 starwood

starwood

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:00 AM

Yes it is a gateway computer and keyboard. I never use hotkey to open programs. I checked under add/remove programs but there is no zhotkey there. I wouldn't mind completely uninstalling it though,. I did go into msconfig and disable it. I'll see if that helps.

#4 JDMUEH

JDMUEH

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

I have same problem --- how do I get to msconfig???

#5 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

how do I get to msconfig???

Start > Run > Type: Msconfig

:popcorn: ;)

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde