This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

riyocodec

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

OK firstly yes I was stupid, I have the K lite mega codec pack and between that and VLC I can pretty much play any video file… However, I installed the riyocodec and now my system is really messed up. The .avi file that supposedly needed this 'new' codec still wouldnt play and was basically raw data. OK no problem I thought, i deleted the file and forget about it. But now, I cannot use Internet explorer (google) properly, say I search for something i'll get the usual list of related searches but regardless of which link I click on I get instantly transported to either a porn site, gambling site or crappy search engine! What the hell!!! I've tried running spybot, it changed nothing, and the same with AVG. So firstly anyone who downloads a file and it says you need to download the latest codec from www.riyocodec.com DO NOT DO IT. Secondly please could someone point me in the direction of how to get rid of this nasty little virus / spyware / winsock whatever the hell it is. I've tried running spybot and AVG in safemode as I thought it may be lurking in the computers memory, but still I cannot detect it to remove it. Any advice would be really appreciated as cutting and pasting weblinks to access the internet is one hell of a pain in the ass! Cheers guys, lopher
Appears a malicious Browser Helper Object (hijacker) has crept into your machine's system.
For Expert Assistance, post a HJT Log in our Malware Removal Forum, here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/HijackThis_L…emoval_f27.html

for additional information to prepare for HJT assistance, read:
Particularly, read the Posting Guidelines section:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…ers_t34502.html
_____________

As to the general issue of RiyoCodec, please read here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Riyocodec_t83572.html

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI