Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can Only Open Have 1 Screen At A Time

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 miguelr

miguelr

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:32 PM

Everytime i open internet explorer...it works fine until i open another screen..then it completely freezes

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

Please use Full Tests to give us an overview of your machine.
Then we'll be able to give you more informed recommendations.

Please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests, here:
http://www.pcpitstop.com
Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
Full Tests is the first item in the left hand column of that page.

The Full Tests take about 2-3 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Post the entire URL link information.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 miguelr

miguelr

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:17 PM

Here is the link..

TechExpress link for your current results:
http://www.pcpitstop...QBWHWDJBBVSK03V

#4 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

Hi miquelr, that machine isn't likely going to get much better. 400 mhz CPU is about the minimum for running any Windows internet browser. 128mb RAM is way too low for Running Windows XP. and having less than one gigabite of Free Space on your Hard Drive (1115 MB (6%) ) literally give your Operating System and Browser applications no physical room to spread out and do their work. You can follow the recommendations from your Pit Test results, but don't expect a miracle. On that machine, I'd consider possibly getting a Window 2000 SP4 operating System., but even then, it is an old, slow, and limited machine. If your needs are modest, you may be able to limp along with it for a while, but you should consider some new equipment. You could help yourself some if you unloaded that Hard Drive. Since you have Limewire, iTunes, and Nero Ultra installed, you may be using this machine for music and media. With only 1115MB of free space left on the Hard Drive, you are rapidly approaching, if you haven't already exceeded the point where you will be no longer able to save media to CD. Back up your files and media as soon as possible, then remove as much as possible from that Hard Drive, to give your system at least a fighting chance to continue in service. Best Regarads

Edited by Doug, 01 September 2007 - 07:38 PM.

#5 miguelr

miguelr

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:33 PM

lol yea i kind of had that idea as well after running the pitstop test. im just going to buy a new labtop..this one was kind of handed down to me...thank you and the forum for your assistance

#6 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:49 PM

I have a couple of "low resource" machines up and running quite well, though modestly, with Windows 2000. However, I keep at least 50% free space on the hard drives to make it easier for the operating system to do its work. Moving on to a new machine does sound like a good idea, if that is possible for you. But if you're going to hang on to the machine for a while clean it up ala the Pit Test recommendations. It may serve you modestly for a while longer, or serve as a backup machine as needed. Glad you have your sense of humor with you. Sometimes computer problems can be truly frustrating. Best Regards

#7 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:16 PM

lol yea i kind of had that idea as well after running the pitstop test. im just going to buy a new labtop..this one was kind of handed down to me...thank you and the forum for your assistance

Hi 'miguelr' ,

I have been following your thread and the help Doug has given you along the way.

On another Forum where I contribute the following site may help you decide your next purchase. Within the entire thread there is site in US for building your own Laptop as I did a couple of months ago also the one in Australia that I used. There are some good recommendations also within the thread that may help you.

http://www.castlecop...ite199365-.html

kind regards,

Edited by tallin, 01 September 2007 - 09:17 PM.