This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Javascript Error That Won't Go Away.

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi ConCon,

You have a bit of junky stuff in your HJT, but nothing of a genuinely threatening nature. (in my "unqualified" opinion)
Please wait for a response from a qualified Expert in the Malware Removal Forum.

So you have an annoying JAVA script…..

Clean out your Temporary and Temporary Internet files.
either do the cleaning manually or download and run a good cleaning tool like:
CleanUp! 4.52 – http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?optio…9&Itemid=72
or
ATF-Cleaner – http://www.snapfiles.com/get/atfcleaner.html

Clean out the Temporary Internet files in your JAVA Cache

Clear your JAVA Cache which may have corrupted ActiveX files.
Afterwards, when you visit back to online sites that require ActiveX components, they will ask you to accept a fresh copy of their ActiveX. (not all sites, nor all activeX components are SAFE.) Be sure you make good decisions about where you browse and what you click/allow.

To Clear JAVA Cache:
Control Panel - (double-click)JAVA <– This brings up the JAVA Control Panel
On the General(tab) - Click on - Settings (at the bottom, in the Temporary Internet Files section)
Then click on - Delete Files - the OK, OK to exit the panel and exit JAVA Control Panel

_____________________

Next,
Your JAVA Runtime Environment JRE, is quite out-of-date.
GoTo:
Control Panel - Add/Remove to Uninstall "all" JAVA" related applications and files (all previous versions)
You may have to run Add/Remove more than one time to Uninstall, if you have multiple old versions on your machine at this time.

JAVA JRE Updating

Delete the older versions of Java and download the newest.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components.
1. Close any programs you may have running, ESPECIALLY your web browser
2. Click Start > Control Panel.
3. Click Add/Remove Programs.
4. Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
5. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
6. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove all versions of Java.
7. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Download JRE here (4th one down the list), which is JRE6u2, and click Yes at the page warning, then accept the Licence Agreement before downloading the Offline file.
After completing the download, install the new version of JRE.


Please Post back here with your progress and an update on how your machine is now running.

Best Regards
Doug, Thanks for the quick response. I cleared out my cache for both the internet and java as you suggested. I also removed the one Java program I had loaded. I rebooted to go in and download the new version, JRE6u2 as suggested but the site is down for maintenance. I will tray again later. I am still getting the exact same error though, even after removing all the java stuff on my machine. I will repost the results after I successfully download the new versoin though. ConCon
Good work so far ConCon. :thumbup: But as I mentioned earlier, you may need some Expert assistance with the items and settings that appear in your HJT Log. Thanks in advance, for posting your progress, as you work toward a solution. Best Regards
Doug, I got the newer Java version installed and so far, seems the error message has been taken care of. Thank you so much. ConCon

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI