This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Safe Mode--not Possible- Help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Spybot catches Win32.Delf.uc and removes but it comes back. To fix the problem I have installed a progy SDFix. This only operates in Safe MOde. Del is the key to get on the page,while booting, to initiate safe mode. Problems: 1. It takes 7 and more tries to get to the proper page. 2. When I do,it gives me the option to use up and down arrow keys to initiate safe mode as the normal is highlighted, but the arrow keys Freeze!!!! while the countdown clock of 30 seconds keeps working comes to 0 and system boots normally. This has happened about 20 times and I am going crazy. Please help me. What can/ should I do? I am using XP. All udates complete. Have run McCafee and ad-Ware to clean the system besides spybot..
Bummer!

Try running System File Checker to replace any missing or corrupted system files, then try SAFE Mode again.

Start - Run(type)sfc /scannow - Enter <– notice the required space before the "/"
___________

If the above doesn't help you in your "self-help malware removal" efforts, Run HJT and post a log over in the Malware Removal Forum for Expert Assistance with alternative tools and methods.

Best Regards
Will do. Thank you. Unfortunately a dos window tries to appear for a millisecond and then nothing. Just made a log of highjack this and will,as advised, post in the appropriate forum. Thanks for your help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI