This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Javascript/active Scripting Required

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I have recently gone through a few problems with my computer and my computer is almost now back to normal, but I keep getting references to Javascript and Active Scripting when browsing online. Certain things wont work and tell me I need to enable my Active Scripting or something similar. Can anyone help? It is really starting to get bad and I suspect it may also be stopping one or two other processes. Troubleddude
Hm. Sorry to reply to myself here, I wanted to edit my original post but couldn't find the edit button! And "Fast reply" also is not working… (I wonder if these require some Java application?) I wanted to add some further information: www.hotmail.com will not load at all in my browser Windows Live OneCare has not been working since around the same time I noticed sites asking me to enable Javascrpit etc and I have been unable to re-install it The microsoft phishing filter cannot check websites because "the microsoft online service is temporarily unnavailable" And just in case it's relevant, I am running the trial version of Quick Heal total security as well as a full version of Spynomore and was running a trial version of Windows Live OneCare until these problems started. The only program I have installed that was not installed before my recent Windows Re-instal is vlc Media Player 0.8 6c (wxWidgets interface) from VideoLan I'm not sure if all this information is relevant as I am quite unfamiliar with Java and its purpose, but this I believe is all the unusual activity that has been happening recently.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI