Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Javascript/active Scripting Required

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 troubleddude

troubleddude

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:40 AM

Hello, I have recently gone through a few problems with my computer and my computer is almost now back to normal, but I keep getting references to Javascript and Active Scripting when browsing online. Certain things wont work and tell me I need to enable my Active Scripting or something similar. Can anyone help? It is really starting to get bad and I suspect it may also be stopping one or two other processes. Troubleddude

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 troubleddude

troubleddude

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:53 AM

Hm. Sorry to reply to myself here, I wanted to edit my original post but couldn't find the edit button! And "Fast reply" also is not working... (I wonder if these require some Java application?) I wanted to add some further information: www.hotmail.com will not load at all in my browser Windows Live OneCare has not been working since around the same time I noticed sites asking me to enable Javascrpit etc and I have been unable to re-install it The microsoft phishing filter cannot check websites because "the microsoft online service is temporarily unnavailable" And just in case it's relevant, I am running the trial version of Quick Heal total security as well as a full version of Spynomore and was running a trial version of Windows Live OneCare until these problems started. The only program I have installed that was not installed before my recent Windows Re-instal is vlc Media Player 0.8 6c (wxWidgets interface) from VideoLan I'm not sure if all this information is relevant as I am quite unfamiliar with Java and its purpose, but this I believe is all the unusual activity that has been happening recently.