Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Crashes When Running Games

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cazbah

Cazbah

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:40 AM

Here is all the information that i have gathered: - When it disconnects/crashes me from any game it crashes the internet also untill i close the game - Whenever it connects to the internet somehow the connection light (USB) flickers (Traffic?) - I'm using the USB connection because for some random reason we don't have an Ethernet port :( - The router is sitting on top of my tower (Interfeerence?) - The games i play are online (Connecting to others) I have a 2wire 2071-A, ADSL. The game specificly is Ijji GunZ (http://gunz.ijji.com) but it does happen to others Someone PLEASE help me it's starting to really frustrate me :(. ANY help is appreciated! Regards, Caz.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Cazbah

Cazbah

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:56 AM

Anyone?

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:05 AM

You have a ton of Adobe Applications running that don't need to be.
You don't need Nero Ahead running active.
You don't need Logitech running active.
You don't need Sun JAVA updater running active.

There are most likely several other applications or processes that don't need to be running active from StartUp.

When you are playing an online game, having other unnecessary applications and processes running active can consume excess machine resources and cause you to stall.

Please Run the Full Tests at http://www.pcpitstop.com
Post your Results via the TechExpress Link available on any Results page.

We'll be able to get a better picture of your machine and how it is presently running, in order to give you more accurate recommendations.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#4 Cazbah

Cazbah

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:37 AM

Thanks for your reply Doug.

Here is my results for PcPitStop:
http://www.pcpitstop...BTCHWE3V4VSN87V

I hope you can help me :).

One quick question: How did you know about my Adobe, Nero, Java, etc. Applications :o?

#5 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:54 AM

Hi Cazbah,

One quick question: How did you know about my Adobe, Nero, Java, etc. Applications ohmy.gif?

Didn't you get the Captain Midnight mind-reader device attachment when you signed up with your ISP? <_<
I checked here: http://forums.tomcoy...low_t78413.html

#6 Purplexion

Purplexion

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:40 PM

I only know what I've read, so take it accordingly, but I seem to remember someone saying USB connections are inherently slower than straight ethernet. There really is no other way to hook up on your system?

#7 Cazbah

Cazbah

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:06 AM

No i don't have ethernet hardware support. Doug, that is an old log from my old computer :P Anyone come up with any solutions :o?

#8 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:30 AM

At 512mb RAM your system may "limp" with McAfee, and you may want to consider a lower resource impact product like NOD32 or AVG Free version AntiVirus. You can certainly turn off a few items from the StartUp list. You can use the Pit Test Windows Results page as a guide for what to disable. You sure don't need Hibernate active. You can do without: Nero Sun JAVA updater Adobe Photo The HP extras MSN messenger And Spyware Doctor <-- great AntiSpyware utility, but a resource hog.... Consider running as a manual Scan only. Big item would be McAfee, which you may have selected intentionally and paid for the subscription. Or if it's new, you may still be in the Trial Version Period. Changing to a smaller footprint AntiVirus, will make a difference in resources you have available for online gaming. Spyware Doctor has ranked right up there as a resource hog when running active on several lower resource machines I've dealt with. Best Regards