This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

What's Wrong With "hjt Setup"?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I want to post my HJT log but my version of HJT is out of date so my post didn't go through.

So I go to:

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hijackthis

and click on the "Download HijackThis" box to download the new HJT. I save to the desktop, but all I get is the generic Windows icon named "HJT setup". When I double-click on it I get the "Do you want to open this file box?" I click "Open" and get the "Chose a program to open this file with" box.

So it appears that the link at the URL listed above is not a download of the actual HJT exe.

Where is the latest HJTexe download available?

Thank you.
I just used the link that you refer to.
It works for me, and opens to the HJT Installation Wizard.

Try the download again.
Unless you are Running Vista, you do not need the V2.
_____

If the above link continues to not work for you, download HiJackThis.exe from this site:
http://www.radiosplace.com

Best Regards
That's very odd. I just tried it again to be sure and had the same results from:

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hijackthis

The generic Windows icon named "HJT setup" that does nothing when clicked on.

Do I have something wrong in my computer that is blocking HJT from this site? I did get it from the Trend Micro site as I stated, but I still can't get it at the first one for some unlnown reason.
Hi, I thought I would check out the link to download HJT (the one you are having problems with) and it works absolutely correctly on my machine. It looks therefore as though you may indeed have a problem with some of the configuration/settings of your machine or its operating system. Once your machine has been declared clean of infection by a malware removal expert in the other forum then please post back here in this thread if you are still having issues with your machine and we will do our best to help. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI