I just upgrade my windows xp to sp2. And now i can't download anything using internet explorer, it says "your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded".
I already enable the download in Tools>Internet options>security>custom lvl. But still can't download anything. Someone pls help me, thanks alot.
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your computer.
I see you are being helped by Dave (IndiGenus) in the malware removal forum. If that is for the same machine then it would be best to let Dave finish cleaning it before we take any action here on this forum.
(I don't wont to make Dave's job any more difficult than it is already by recommending system changes that could possibly conflict with malware removal)
However please post back here in this thread if its a different computer than the one Dave is helping you with. If you are still having issues with your computer after it has been declared clean of malware then please also post back here.
Incidentally I had a look at your latest post in the malware removal forum and I see that you haven't replied to Dave yet…and also your latest HJT log is showing that SP2 is not installed. BUT PLEASE DO NOT try and install SP2 unless Dave instructs you to do so.
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI