This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer Will Only Log In In Safemode

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I haven't been using this laptop for over 3 months because of this problem. Before I take it in for servicing (can't really afford it). Thought I'd see if I could get some help. I came around a software last night while surfing and found REGCURE. I purchased it and tried it and low and behold I was able to log on in Normal mode and it didn't freeze at all. I had it running fine for over 2 hours! Well, today I logged on and 10 minutes later I was back to a jumbled frozen screen. Now I am only able to log on in SafeMode without freezing. I noticed last night after registering my REGCURE program, that the date of my Reg. was 2005 and expired in 2006. I checked my calendar and sure enough for some reason my calendar was wrong. After updating my calendar, I am unable to use my program because it says it has expired. (I sent an email to the help desk and I'm waiting for a reply). So I can't try this again. So I'm turning to old faithful helpful users like yourselves. Can anyone help me? Laura
Initially the problem sounded like hardware problem: –Video Adapter failing or corrupted Driver of Video Adapter –RAM failure –CPU / Motherboard failure Check your video adapter - Driver in Device Manager Check your RAM via MemTest86 ________________ Next possibility suggests corrupted Operating System files. run System File Checker Start - Run - (type)sfc /scannow <– notice the required space between "c" and "/" ____________ Next possibility suggests Malware. First clear out your temporary, log, chk, .dat files via – ATF-Cleaner or –CleanUp! 4.52 Then Run your onboard AntiVirus and AntiSpyware AntiSpyware If you do not have them, download and run AVG AntiSpyware Spybot Search & Destroy ________ If you get detections that cannot be healed, or if the problem persists,… Run HJT and post your Log over in Malware Removal. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI