Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Vista: Is There Another Way To Delete History?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lilybell

lilybell

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

XP allows me to CHOOSE the websites that I want to delete in my History Folder by going to START > RUN > SHELL:HISTORY

I can't do that on Vista. The SHELL:HISTORY folder only shows the documents that I had saved that day.

I know that I can go to the Favorites Center, right click on the link and delete it, but this method is a little tedious as I have to click on each link one at a time. It's much easier to go to the folder directly and press control and highlight the websites that I want to delete.

Can anyone help me on how it's done?

Edited by lilybell, 29 July 2007 - 12:44 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:44 AM

Hi,
There is a tool that you can download that will do this.
I have never tried it and therefore cannot confirm to you that it is safe to use. You should therefore make your own enquiries and satisfy yourself of its suitability for your purpose before downloading it.
http://www.bestvista...d-fxcecmcy.html
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate