This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Hijackthis Log & How To Fix "fatal Error" Please

19 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This is the program I wanted uploaded to Jottis.

C:\Program Files\Smart To-Do\SmartToDo.exe

But if you didn't download it or install it yourself… or you never use it just remove it by using add/remove programs through the control panel.

Malware often adds programs with out you consent or knowledge. While your looking at add/remove programs feel free to uninstall any others you may not have loaded yourself or you do not use any more.

Let me know if you upload that file to Jottis or you remove it.

If you do get it uploaded please post the contents.
Also 1 last HJT log.
Yesterday I lost everything on this computer. Ironically, even the Fatal Error is gone from my computer.

I have followed your steps the whole way, sometimes confused, but I always copied and pasted as you set-out in this forum. What I copied and pasted into that unforgiving program was C:\Program Files\Smart To-Do\SmartToDo.exe
as you wrote into this forum. It would not upload and when I tried to close the program, coming up on my screen was a windows message, "please place a copy of windows XP into your computer". As I do not have a copy of XP I closed down the computer and rebooted attempting to do a Recovery. It would not allow me to do a recovery AND my XP Firewall was permanantly disengaged. I could not open any programs or files. I could not do anything anymore on this computer except look at the Desktop.

So I went into Safe-mode and placed my manufacturer disk into Drive D and started all over again. Of course I lost everything including photographs and programs I had spent money on; but that's life sometimes.

I would just like to advise people reading this forum to be very careful what they are uploading into those two programs which caused my system to fail. This has never happened to me before. Make sure you copy and paste what you are supposed to or chaos could strike.
Hello Doves. I am sorry you had this kind of problem. We have never had this kind of trouble with this scanner and I really doubt it was the cause of windows crashing. Taking on malware can be hazardous at times. I am glad you had a CD to get windows back up and running. This topic is now closed.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI