no sir i haven't checked. sorry to ask but how do i check my firewall to see if IE is being blocked ? again sorry for being such a novice with a capitol N …
You have Mcafee anti virus installed, I don't know what version you have and if includes a firewall. You should be able to open the Mcafee control center and see if a firewall is listed, if it is, open that tab and it should tell you what is blocked or not. I have never been a big fan of Mcafee so I am not to familiar with that program. So post in the other computer problems forum and let them guide you through it.
Another option is to upgrade to Internet Explorer 7 , its the latest and greatest and more secure then IE6, you can download the setup file to your desktop with Firefox and then run the setup. Let me know if it helped.
hello again ken, sorry for the late reply. i removed Mcafee and went with AVG . it was an old version of Mcafee. i also tryed to download IE 7 and i got this (IE 7 is not supported on this operating system)?.
I think at this point that your IE browser and your operating system may have some damage to it with all the malware you had installed. I would post at Other Computer Problems and let them help you get back on track as far as getting IE to work and upgrading to SP2. Be sure to tell them you posted here and that you had some heavy malware installed but that your system is now clean.