This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unable To Uninstall!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello there. Well my problem is that when I go to my control panel into the add/remove programs thing it is really messed up. I have about 7 games installed on my computer but only 1 of them shows up. I am also unable to uninstall any programs on the list. There are also some items on the list that are part of my video card drivers but I pretty sure they shouldn't be there. The only thing I can think of is that I downloaded and installed Direct x drivers yesterday and that may of caused it. Im going to try a system restore and ill repost to say if it worked or not. FYI I posted a Hijack This log and Ken545 says im clean.
Well I system restored which fixed it for a few moments then its back to that again. Also now I have this thick gray bar below my status bar. I'm using Firefox by the way. Theres a red arrow pointing up that looks like this ^ but in red.
Fixed the Firefox issue by uninstalling then reinstalling. The only way I can uninstall anything is by directly finding the uninstall file in the program. If I try to use CCleaner or add/remove programs the uninstall button is missing and all of my installed files are missing. But it seems like there are random files that are on the list like here are a few examples of items listed. Installer Skins webfldrs Xp Adobe photoshop is on there twice And instead of a single graphic driver there are 9-10 driver parts that are listed instead of 1 big driver like there should be.
Consider running Windows File Protection System File Checker… Start - Run - (type)sfc /scannow - Enter <– note the required space before the "/"

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI