Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Ie7 Address Bar Search Probs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xxchicxx

xxchicxx

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

Hi everyone, I am now at my wits end. I normally use the search bar and get windows live search but since last thursday all i get is an error search result like this......

http://results(dot)i...(dot)co(dot)uk/[/url] ? Edited by Doug
Please do not post live (clickable) links that are possibly problematic or infected

AddInType=Bdns&Version=1.2.0&FailureMode=4&ParticipantID=iu4dlszggyivxb0k1g8afi94imr4lkbt& ClientLocation=uk&FailedURI=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch(dot)live(dot)com%2 F results.aspx%3Fq%3Ddarts%26src%3DIE -Address&SearchQuery=darts

I dont know where its come from but I have tried everything,spybot search and destroy, windows live scan, hijackthis(didnt understand it though) all microsoft updates, even down to formatting my laptop and i still get this search result.

I am running winxp pro, on a toshiba sat laptop, wireless through a belkin router.

Please please please could someone help me

Edited by Doug, 08 July 2007 - 03:20 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:16 PM

At first glance, I'd say that you've run afoul of a malware infection. Run your HJT and Post the Log over into our Malware Removal Forum. Be patient. Our Malware Removal Experts are very busy and presently on logs posted a few days ago. Your Log will be responded to in the order that it is received. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:03 AM

Hmmm. We'll have to wait for a Qualified Expert to analyze your HJT Log, But there doesn't look to be much there, from my un-qualified perspective. I notice that you've run the PCPitstop Full Tests previously. Please Run a fresh Full Tests and post the TechExpress back here into this thread for further review. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.