Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Some Pages Wont Load In Internet7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 billyr50

billyr50

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:06 PM

Just spent the last couple of weeks with HJT getting it cleaned up.went to Avast antivirus and System Mechanic7 for the firewall. Also put on SpywareBlaster and then SpywareGuard. Now some of my pages wont load. Deleted Avast and SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard but the pages will only load some of the content. Specifically Iwon.com. It doeasnt do this on all pages just some of them it tells me it is done but with errors on page and some of the content wont load. Any suggestions ? billy

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:23 PM

Hi Billyr50,

My browser is set at Default/medium level of security.
I have no difficulty at all browsing the large number of sites that I visit in any day week month or year.

Browsing to iwon dot com brings the following message.

Right now, your browser's settings are configured to disable cookies and/or javascript. In order to access your account, you must change your browser's settings to accept both cookies AND javascript.

How do I change my browser settings?
This depends on the browser you're using. If you are getting a message asking if you want to accept cookies, choose Yes. Otherwise, we recommend that you click the "Help" button at the top of your browser in order to learn how to properly accept cookies and javascript. (You'll most likely be able to enable these settings by locating the Security and/or Privacy tabs found within "Internet Options" in your browser's "Tools" pull-down window.)

Of interest in the above message from Iwon, is the contradiction. Actually my "medium" security does allow first-party cookies and registered javascripts.
It even allows to be prompted for some cookies and some javascript that require a user decision.

But Iwon, suggests that I lower my machines security level.
I think not.

I have browsed various Iwon websites money dot iwon, my dot Iwon, arcade dot Iwon, entertainmentIwon, new1Iwon etc. etc.
So far, I don't find any content that would not be available elsewhere and without the risk of bloatware/adware/ contaminants.

You may have to reduce your machine's security to levels below that which are routinely recommended, in order to access additional content on those pages.

Caveat Emptor!

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 billyr50

billyr50

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:35 PM

I already have put it in the lowest security I can but still no luck. billy

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:16 PM

Some security programs may block your access to particular sites and/or content on particular sites. Generally we rely on legitimate security software to protect our machine. In its history Iwon may have incorporated the use of features that were judged to be malware in nature. As a result, some security utilities may still continue to protect against those features, even though in your case you seem to want to interact with this otherwise legitimate site and body of content. If there are particular sites/contents that you wish to view/interact with, it may be useful for you to contact that specific Website staff for assistance. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.