This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Registry Problem

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a retail version of Adobe Production Studio, a valid copy. Yesterday, I tried to open a project in Premier Pro, and got an error message that the Registration Information is Invalid, please reinstall. So I decided to just uninstall and reinstall to fix it. However when I tried to uninstall, I got an error message saying that I didn't have access to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\adobe\Premier Pro\2.0\DefaultPreset . So it wouldn't uninstall. When I tried to repair, even with the disc, it would say I wasn't authorized to access this same key, even though I am system administrator. I navigated to the key and the setting was 'Default' 'No Value'. I emailed a partner, who also has premier pro 2.0 and asked him to look to see what the value was. He emailed me the answer, so I decided to try to change it to match, so I could uninstall/reinstall. but when I clicked on the option to change the value, an error message appeared telling me I couldn't. I REALLY, REALLY Don't want to format and reinstall everything, it will take days to get back to where I need to be tomorrow. So, my question would be, can I uninstall another way, deleting files and keys or something, or can I repair the key, so I can do the uninstall/reinstall? I can pass off editing the footage, but I need my other graphics programs, or I will be in big trouble. HELP!!! :scratch:
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing. If you need to be up and running quickly then when you have got your machine running smoothly and sweetly again take a disc image using somthing like Ghost, Paragon, Drive Image, Acronis or other disc imaging application. Then if serious trouble strikes again you can install your disc image and be up an running with everything intact as at the date of your image and all usually in under an hour.

However if you don't have an up to date disc image then before considering a format and reinstall you can do an Adobe manual uninstall and then reinstall your product again and hopefully this will solve the problem.

You will need to do a bit of work to achieve this as it looks as though the uninstaller has hit a problem (probably because of missing or damaged files.)

However before I give you the links for doing the manual uninstall it would be sensible to try using two Windows "built in" tools as you might just be lucky!
1 Use SFC
Start>Run
sfc /scannow (note the space)
Have your WinXP installation disc handy as if damaged files are found they will need to be copied across from your disc, if SFC can't find correct copies elsewhere.
2 Use System Restore
Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
Try to put your system back to a date before your troubles started.
see how you go.

If no good and this doesn't help, then its the hard way! you will need to go here:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten…0&sliceId=2
and here:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten…0&sliceId=2
Before you do this, (as you will need to edit the registry,) be sure that you back up the registry before you start.

To be on the safe side I strongly recommend that before doing anything at all you check your back up/archive/copy of all your important data, files, settings, work, etc is 100% up to date accurate and reproducible, (even if your back up is even only a day or so out of date, its worth updating it now.)
Also don't forget to check that you have all your application Installation CD's to hand together with the product keys (including those for Windows itself)
Good luck and I hope it all works out for you
Regards
paws
After reviewing and weighing my options, I am going to either upgrade or change a bunch of my software, anyway, I think I'll just format. Thanks! I appreciate your time.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI