Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:02:37 PM, on 6/24/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Firstly,quite a number of programs were installed in my computer but they aren't shown up in Add/Remove Programs menu when I want to uninstall them.I asked for help in "HijackThis™ Logs and Malware Removal" and since it is not a malware problem,they asked me to post here.Here a quote from a person who helped me in that section.
I can see a couple of programs with information in the registry that aren't being displayed in your Add/Remove Programs list, but not very many. For example HijackThis and AVG Antivirus have entries in the registry but don't appear on the list.
If you have a lot of other programs installed that should appear in the list, then the registry information has gone for most of them. Have you used a registry cleaner or similar program recently? If so, this may be the reason for the problem. Where the registry information has been deleted, you should still be able to uninstall programs via Start->All Programs and looking for the uninstall option under the relevant programs' folder.
Any solution to this program,do I need to install a fresh new Windows?
Second,whenever I restart my computer or shut down,there is a error came out and need to be end task but it auto end task.The error is "NET-BroadcastEventWindow .1.0.5" and I heared it related to ATI and I am using ATI graphic card.Any solution?
Tried but still the same.Oh ya,forget to mention.Beside above problem,some programs installed are listed there but don't have the "Remove/Change" button when highlight it.
Ok … did you by chance answer the question that was asked (the one you quoted above)…? I have got a few things going on at once here and didnt look at the thread you started in the malware forums..
If you did use a registry cleaner (((which anyone else watching this thread…there is NO "good" reg cleaner for XP… )))) [and even if you havent] your going to have to remove them manually… you can always try to go to its folder and find the uninstall icon but being there are files missing I doubt it will work.
I don't think I run any registry cleaner at my computer.I only run what asked at the thread at malware forum and my anti-virus,AVG.
Edit:I maybe have to go out later, but will be back in an hour or so…
Ok well try this.. navigate to each of the programs folders (if their still there) and see if the uninstall file is still located in them.. if so try it and post back and let us know if will not allow you to uninstall them that way
Programs that missing in Add/Remove Programs are still in my program files folder.I went to it and the uninstall.exe for the programs are there.When I tried on 1 of the programs,it do let me uninstall.So,any thoughts?
well… just uninstall them from there for now. I would run the system file checker first them make sure you have the latest updates…
to run the system file checker.. first make sure that you have your XP cd or an image of it on your hard drive.. click on start, then run, type cmd and press enter… at the prompt type (or copy and paste this) SFC /scannow and let it run.. it may take awhile but thats a Windows util. that replaces/repairs system files..
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI