wndy26
Topic Starter
My fiance's pc is connected to my home network and previously had access to a shared internet connection via my linksys router. This morning he ran a virus scan with AVG because the pc was acting kinda quirky. My son got up after the scan finished, while we were sleeping, and removed some viruses. He says he was able to access the internet since he completed the virus cleaning, but as of now. I can't access the internet. I am able to access both of the other computers via the linksys router, just not the internet.
Also, I reran AVG and it didn't find anything at all, but after the scan no matter which icon I clicked on the desktop it only would open one folder. As well, the pc wouldn't allow me to just do a restart - the choice kept changing to standby on the reboot window. Its like I have no control of the mouse. Finally, I just did a log out and got to the log in screen and powered off the pc. Upon reboot, this issue seemed to disappear. I am wondering if it could be related to the Zboard keyboard or the Reaper mouse that he uses for gaming. I did run an HJT log, with my limited knowledge, I didn't see anything to be concerned about.
After rebooting, I downloaded the trial version of TrojanHunter and attempted to scan with that. I kept getting warning messages that it didn't have enough space to scan certain files, so I stopped the scan. I am not sure what that means. Looking at hard drive space and checking the amount of ram via system properties showed no changes. What would cause TrojanHunter not to be able to scan certain files? Is this normal?
What suggestions do you have for me to try to restablish my internet connection? I would appreciate any ideas.
Thanks a ton!
–> Update: PC now will connect to internet after running a WinXP network diagnostics tool. Still not sure what is up with the trojanhunter messages. Any ideas?