where shall I start.
Problem is as said above using netspeed.net and others my netspeed at 9 am is 16000+. At 6pm its 300.
No its not a prime time issue. (see below)
First old computer never had this problem. (xp home, 1.6ghz, 1gig)
New computer (1month) is two pentium 1gighz processors, 2gig ram, intel 82559 ehternet adapter.
Im not a newbie but im not a pro. Ive run four spywares and four virus more than six times. Tried to run ccleaner but it crashes. So I run regfix and it appears to work.
Ive run hitmanpro in safe mode. Ive run all of the above in safe mode.
However, all the tools above indicate "locked files" whcih they cant review.
Called Comcast cable. We pinged each other he said looks fine on this end. He did it find it odd that when we released my ip and renewed it came back as exactly the same ip. I tried repeatedly and always get the same ip.
The guy that sold me this computer is kinda shady. I almost suspect he locked me out. For instance when I boot in safe mode it asks whether Im the admin or am I "name".
About ready to just reformat hd and reinstall.