I worked on a gals computer I work with to clean it for malware and I noticed it had the same problem, this to happened after she had (a friend) work on it that decided to reinstall windows and did not do it properly. At this point its a windows problem so I suggest you post to one of the forums I suggested. You might try our own forum for OTHER COMPUTER PROBLEMS, they may be able to help you figure it out. We have a good staff of techs that know there stuff.
Be sure to tell them you posted here and had some virus problems that we fixed and that your HJT log is now clean
One more thing to try before you post in the other forum.
Pull up a folder ( Any folder ) in Windows explorer. –> Right click on Start then click on Explore
Click on Tools, then Folder options.
Make sure the dot next to "Show common tasks in folders" is checked.
If not, check it, then click "Apply" then "Ok".
This fix has been provided by Micah_6:8, one of the great teachers we have here on this forum.
If this does not work than go ahead and post to the other forum.