This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Sound

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey fellas I just installed windows vista on my pc and can't get any sound at all. I have done so many searches in google with no help. I have: e4300 asus p5b deluxe wifi logitech x-540- hooked the 3 pins to the back of the mobo with corresponding colours corsair ddr2 pc6400C4 2GB evga 8800gtx samsung 226BW monitor I installed SoundMax drivers from Asus website since the CD drivers gave me errors saying "Not compatible with the operating system" or similar. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks. __________________
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problem with no sound. Maybe the first things to check are: 1 Are your sound drivers (and hardware) compatible with Vista? 2 Are you using the onboard sound via the Realtek ALC882M? 3 Have you overclocked? 4 Alterations made to BIOS? 5 Connections and Power OK? 6 Sound set up configured correctly? 7 Did the sound work Ok with previous set up? (operating system) Post back and tell us the results of your checks. Regards paws

Hi,
Sorry to hear of the problem with no sound.
Maybe the first things to check are:

1 Are your sound drivers (and hardware) compatible with Vista?
2 Are you using the onboard sound via the Realtek ALC882M?
3 Have you overclocked?
4 Alterations made to BIOS?
5 Connections and Power OK?
6 Sound set up configured correctly?
7 Did the sound work Ok with previous set up? (operating system)

Post back and tell us the results of your checks.
Regards
paws


Yes I have installed sound drivers for Vista off Asus website. They are soundmax drivers. I never installed it on previous OS. This is a brand new built computer. No overclocking. No alterations to BIOS. I know my speakers work because I tried them on my other PC. Connections and power are OK. I checked "dxdiag" and under "sound" it says "No problems found".
Hi, OK, next thing to check is Device Manager, what have you got against your sound, any flags? Right click and have a look around for signs of problem. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI