This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Can Someone Help Get Rid Of Worms

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I did a microsoft Live Care Scan and it told me I have a NuWar.gen worm. I bought the XoftSpy software but I don't think it got rid of it. Is there someone that can help me get rid of this? Thank you! I am new to all this ad ware stuff and I need help from the beginning if someone will be willing to help me. Thanks again.
Right now, I do not have a good answer for this question;

[edit: then please don't post a reply]
[edit: removed spam link]
you do not say what av program you have on board?

you could try running each of these protection programs to see what they can do and find;
adaware


spybot


superantispyware

a2


load and fully update them and run them and report back if problems

a squared might find a bucket load for you ; BUT it CAN give 'false positives' so ask if you are not sure of any results :)

hope this selection helps you? I use all of them on my comp
can I make two suggestions?


firstly; since apparently removing this critter, have you turned system restore off, rebooted and turned system restore ON again and created a fresh restore point

also; for peace of mind , my other suggestion is to post a log in the HJT section to get an expert in logs to just give you the once over to confirm your health

also if this is the little
critter you have had on board you might well need to get the comp checked over by a log expert; :huh:

and what av program is on board?

p3 edit; if that were MY comp I would DEFINITLY get a log checked out for peace of mind

and do you know FROM where you acquired the burrowing worm?
Yeah, I got rid of it with the help of Blade on here. He walked me through it all step by step. We did the system restore thing. He also had me download AVG Spyware and Cleaners and everything. Actually it is working probably better then ever before…LOL. Thank you very much for helping!!!! :D
I got the impression from this thread that you had received no help; presumably there is an HJT log or other thread somehere then relating to this that is not linked to this thread for reference? but good to know you are OK :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI