Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Just Wondering

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Diehard

Diehard

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:51 PM

Ok two questions for ya, first where would I find help to figour out how to do the log myself, seems Ive been hijacked 3 times and need to learn it sooner or later . and the second one is what would happen if i had hijack this fix everthing automaticly on the log it does? isnt it showing questionable stuff anyway? I know you guys want to be careful on what you tell us but just wondering on that one thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Guest_LittleRed_*

Guest_LittleRed_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:31 PM

go here
http://forums.tomcoy...?showtopic=1421

#3 Diehard

Diehard

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:17 PM

thanks for the reply though not what i was looking for, i am more interested in just reading how to decifer the logs, dont want to become a teacher or work on other logs just want to see about fixing mine myself. And still need to know if I cant just let hijackthis fix everything it pulls up.. thanks

#4 Guest_SalukiFan_*

Guest_SalukiFan_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:27 PM

Some of the things that Hijack This shows are necessary to keep your computer running, so NO-don't fix everything. If you would like to learn more about what the items are, see the Hijack This tutorial Here

It looks like you are current on the Service Packs for Win2K and IE6. Have you downloaded all of the Windows critical updates?

See This for some additional ways to protect your computer. Both Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard are very small programs and easy to install and update. Also IE-Spyad - adds sites to your IE Restricted Sites zone. Also tighten your IE Security settings in all 4 zones.

If you change your mind, you can always join the classroom later!