This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Why did you close my post?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi. Trying to reach a mod…. I posted in the appropriate place asking for your help and you closed my post. Can I ask why? I know I posted on GTG but is that against your rules or something? I hadn't gotten any help from you so I asked at another site too. I would have posted here again about any help I was getting there. Maybe you would have give suggestions that they wouldn't have and vise versa. I have sat on this computer for 3 days running virus scans, etc…and none of it has worked. Anyway, let me know for future reference what exactly I did to get my post shut down before anyone had the chance to help me.


I know I posted on GTG but is that against your rules or something? I hadn't gotten any help from you so I asked at another site too. I would have posted here again about any help I was getting there. Maybe you would have give suggestions that they wouldn't have and vise versa.

Hello Asylum_Witch.

According to both site/s time your post at GTG was first and a helper responded the same day.

As many of our volunteer helpers provide assistance at several sites, multi forum posters seeking help for an infected PC waste valuable resources.

Also, we would not knowingly allow a user to work through fixes from two different sites at the same time; for the health of the computer.

Thank you for your understanding and best wishes towards a clean machine!

Regards. :)