Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Some Users Can Browse, Others Cannot.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brookhaven

brookhaven

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 10:46 PM

On our other computer, there are 5 users set up. Just starting today, 4 of the 5 cannot use Internet Explorer. When it opens, it is supposed to go to Google, but the address gets changed to "incredifind" and it goes nowhere. The 5th user has no problems. I have found quite a bit of information about changing registry keys and host files, but I'm not sure if all this applies to this type of situation; i.e. some users can browse and others cannot, on the same computer. Can anyone help with this? The same problem occurs if Netscape is used instead of IE. Thanks! PS I am new and am not sure this is being posted in the correct place. Please let me know if this is wrong.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 15 November 2003 - 10:50 PM

Hi brookhaven-
I would'nt mess with the registry just yet...(if at all) if you will download http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt (hijack this)... have it scan you computer... BUT DONT FIX ANYTHING YET.. save the info to log and then post it back here and we'll check it out.
oh.. and when you post your log.. start a new thread in the "hijack this logs" forums (two down from this,, the Open forum).....:).

Edited by Crow, 15 November 2003 - 10:53 PM.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:12 AM

Thanks. I will most likely have to wait until tomorrow to do this because of schedules; however I have a question. Do I run HJT as any particular user? Does that matter? To download, I'll have to be on as the one user that is working because I don't know how to get to the website without going through IE. Will the user that downloads it make a difference. Many thanks for your quick help.

#4 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:49 AM

You should log in on an admin account. Depending on your personal settings.. it might not give you any problems either way. I have installed hjt and scanned on systems where I was not logged on as admin...but if you can.. I suggest to do so. also downloading.. click to save to disk.. save it in your "program files" folder when it is done downloading simply launch the app. and click to scan.. then "save to log".. that total up will probably take you less than 10 minutes from start to posting your log..:)

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"