Hardware
Graphics
4 min read
GaryOR-LFC
Topic Starter
Q: What is the best Graphics Card software for your Graphics Card?
I have:
———-
Adapter Type: Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller.
Chip Type: Intel®82845G Graphics Controller.
DAC Type: Internal.
Memory Size: 64MB.
Adaptor String: Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller.
BIOS Information: Intel Video BIOS
I also use Intel® Extreme Graphics.
What would be the best for me? Because I play Battlefield 1942 Online somtimes and it runs slowly somtimes and it looks very squarey & I know a person who has a PC that has worse Specs than mine, It only has 256 RAM and 32MB Graphics Card and it looks and runs better. Whats up with that?
shelf life
sorry iam a AMD fanboy, never used intel anything . is that on board, ie built into the maniboard? does the board have a AGP slot or PCIe for a dedicated graphics card. when i think of gaming i think of ATI or Nvidia video cards.
GaryOR-LFC
Answer is I dont know, How to I check that out? also I tried installing Nvidia on my PC but it wouldnt work, that is what I want to install now, Can you get me anything for my PC that will install Nvidia Graphics?does the board have a AGP slot or PCIe for a dedicated graphics card.
shelf life
How to I check that out?
i would visit your computer makers website, look up your make/model and check specifications for it.
you have to have nvidia hardware to install there software.Can you get me anything for my PC that will install Nvidia Graphics
GaryOR-LFC
How do you check what Graphics Hardware you have on the PC?
Doug
Run Everest 2.20.
It will tell you almost anything about your computer components that you'll ever want to know.
It will even give you links to manufacturer's websites/driver updates.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
It will tell you almost anything about your computer components that you'll ever want to know.
It will even give you links to manufacturer's websites/driver updates.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
GaryOR-LFC
Wow! That Programme is the Shisney haha!
This is my Display:
Display:
Video Adapter Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (64 MB)
3D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics
Monitor Dell E151FPp [15" LCD] (4R86933JL02M)
So is there any better ones I can get?
shelf life
i believe that controller is built in to the mainboard. the best you could do is update to the latest driver.
iam guessing you have a dell computer because of the monitor. most commercial computers that i know of have onboard graphics controllers unless its a expensive model. it might have a agp slot which are dedicated for video cards. if it dosnt, your still not out of luck, you can still get video cards for the standard PCI slots. either of these would be a better option than the on board.
shelf life
Doug
"Shisney" - Chinese Bearded Water Dragon?
First time I've seen the term/name, but I imagine that Everest/Lavalys would feel "complimented".
First time I've seen the term/name, but I imagine that Everest/Lavalys would feel "complimented".
GaryOR-LFC
I have updated the driver recently, is there anything I can do without getting a new Graphics Card or the suggestions above? (I amn't good with buying stuff for the PC, 1st I bought a game and it was an expansion pack, then I went to buy 512 RAM yesterday and I knew I needed stuff about the inside with my pc and totally forgot it haha, it's always bad luck with me haha)
thats good, "Shisney" is somthing I use to say that somthing is "Wicked" or "Unreal" or "brilliant" etc etc.
"Shisney" - Chinese Bearded Water Dragon?
First time I've seen the term/name, but I imagine that Everest/Lavalys would feel "complimented".
Doug
Many/Most games have the "minimum required specifications" printed on the outside of the Game package.
You have an "onboard" Video Graphics Adapter.
Even with an updated chipset driver it's not going to get much better.
ShelfLifes recommendation that you consider an AGP or PCI Graphics card, is a good recommendation.
However, you should weigh any individual purchase against the overall expense of the machine or a new machine, while at the same time considering exactly how much improvement the added component may give your specific machine.
There is "a limit" to how much you can boost the performance of your machine.
And it may never be sufficient to handle the higher-end "first person shooter' type games.
Those are just the facts.
My Son has many times had to decide not to buy a Game, because there was no reasonable way that we could improve the performance of his machine up to a level that would make the Game enjoyable.
Best Regards
shelf life
went to buy 512 RAM yesterday and I knew I needed stuff about the inside with my pc
adding more memory is one of the easiest, least expensive things you can do. while it may not help any game playing graphically speaking, it will improve the overall performance of the computer. if you have a free slot, just drop it in, no free slot then one bank will have to be removed to put a new one in.
you can find out what kind you need at one of these:
http://www.crucial.com/
http://www.kingston.com/
http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/confi…tor_search.html
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI