This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

stops just before windows logo

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Something actualy wrong with my own computer this time… It basicly boots up fine until JUST before it brings up the windows logo on the black background. Now my parts are still covered by warranty (home build) but I dont have the means to get a socket 939 processor or motherboard of this socket. Is there any programs that will boot in DOS that I can use to test my hardware so I can get it replaced? Thoughts guys? Cheers
is this totally new or did it ever boot? if new unplug all drives, reseat memory, reseat video card check power connections, cables etc any beep codes?load defaults in BIOS? clear CMOS? CPU installed properly? fans working?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI