Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE 7 and Outlook 2000- mapi32.dll error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mac1

mac1

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:09 AM

Newbie running: XP SP2, Internet Explorer7, Outlook 2000 TROUBLESHOOT HISTORY: I recently used "Windows Install CleanUp." to removed files from an aborted installation of Outlook 2003. (Right or Wrong?) I subsequently, used "Windows Install CleanUp" because whenever I selected the mail icon in Internet Explorer7, "Windows Setup"would launch and try to open the install window for Outlook 2003 . PROBLEM: Now whenever I use IE 7, to access my email I receive this error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version. This could have been caused by installing other messaging software. Please reinstall." (Note, Outlook 2003 was never installed and thereby not found in the "add/remove" program.) And thankfully, Outlook 2000, works fine when launched independantly. I only get the error message when accessing Outlook 2000 from within my web browser. QUESTION: How can I make my browser launch Outlook 2000, again, without receiving error messages? "Search "found the following Mapi32.dll files on my computer: mapi32.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32 110 KB MAPI32.DLL C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 135 KB MSMAPI32.DLL C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 1,324 KB MAPI32.DLL C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT 128 KB Do any of these files point to the problem? Thank for your help, Mac

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 mac1

mac1

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:38 PM

Problem Resolved. -Mac

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:14 AM

Hi mac1, Glad to see you managed to fix the issues you were having with mapi32.dll That's really good news, well done. As lots of folks read these forums to try and help with issues on their own machines, please share with us the steps you followed to resolve the difficulties. Thanks Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#4 mac1

mac1

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:20 PM

Hi Paws,

Hope this will be of some help to someone. Being a newbie, It sure was difficult (for me )to find the solution
-mac1

THE FIRST TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TRIED WERE:
1. Clicked "start" button
2. Opened "Search">selected "all files and folders"
3. Entered: mapi32.dll >selected search
4. In the "search results window" I renamed all mapi32.dll files (i.e. "old mapi32.dill")
5. Restarted my computer.

RESULTS:
This did not solve the problem.

SECOND TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TRIED WERE:
1. Opened Outlook 2000>selected "help" from the menu>selected " Detect and Repair"> followed instructions idisplayed n subsequent windows.
2. Be advised: Office 2000 cd was needed during the process.
3. Restarted my computer.

RESULTS:
Problem Solved. I could once again open outlook from within my browser. During the repair: None of my personal files (contacts, inbox ect) were lost during the repair.

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:35 PM

Hi mac1, Detect and Repair is a mighty useful feature and it's good to know it left all your data files intact. You did well. Thanks for sharing the fix with us. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate