Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

email problems- spyware?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gbsk

gbsk

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:12 AM

Hello, I posted a few times on the Hijack this part of the forum. I had to run a lot of scans, etc. They could not find any virus or spyware and referred me to this forum. I run avast antivirus ( had AVG before and had same problem), spysweeper, spybot, adaware, windows defender and AVG antispyware. I have problems with yahoo, gmail and hotmail. I have none with OE. I occasionally have problems with certain sites but mostly these email sites. It takes a minute to either delete a message or to go from one email to the next. However, most times I cannot even get to the next page and usually just get a blank page. I can do a little better if I right click and open it up in a new page. This also happens with yahoo groups. I have IE, firefox and opera and it happens in all of them. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?Here is the logfile: Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 9:58:06 PM, on 2/26/2007 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414) Thanks GB

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 gbsk

gbsk

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:53 AM

I forgot to add that I recently got DSL. This problem may have started before I got DSL. I get email through IE from my current ISP. However, I have a plan with my former ISP that includes dial up and long distance calling. I get email from both addresses through both ISPs. I do not know if this has anything to do about it or not but thought I would tell you. Thanks GB

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

Tell us about your machine.
CPU
RAM installed
Available (free space) on your Hard Drive
Have you defragged recently?

You updated your JAVA according to LittleEagle's expert advice, but you "may" be better served with the (6) version, that is, according to other expert commentary, written specifically for XP.
Uninstall your JAVA using instructions consistent with those supplied by LittleEagle.
Then download the Windows Offline installation (Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6-windows-i586.exe 12.56 MB )
here:
http://java.sun.com/...loads/index.jsp

Changing to this (6) version of JAVA Second Edition Runtime Environment, may make little or no difference in the operating of your machine......... or it might solve your problem. In either case, installing the (6) version is SAFE and will not harm your machine.

---> Highly likely Culprit involved in your problem....
C:\Program Files\GreenBorder\ClientMan.exe
Uninstall your GreenBorder product, then reboot and see if your browser access to email has improved.

---> Do you really need a Download manager, now that you have DSL?
Consider uninstalling Star Downloader

from the initial sound of your problem, I suspect excess (bloat) applications being activated at the time you attempt to access your email via browser.
Let us know if removing the GreenBorder and Star Download, has improved the situation.

Best Regards

Edited by dough, 27 February 2007 - 01:51 PM.

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.