Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

lost my browsing history

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pinc_noiz

pinc_noiz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:12 AM

This morning my PC decided not to show me my browsing history anymore: it used to make all clicked links purple, but now they all stay in their original color (using 'Windows colors'). I use a networking PC on Windows XP/IE7: to solve this problem I first reset the amount of days my PC remembers the visited websites (links) from 3 to 1 day, and gave a reboot. As this didn't help, I did a System-Restore to yesterday evening. Of no help either ... Settings: Temporary Internet Files on 'automatic' for 'looking for newer versions stored pages', a one day memory period for visited websites, and usable total disc space to do so 1024 Mb. Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 12:07:25, on 2/24/2007 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414) Any ideas?? p_n

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 pinc_noiz

pinc_noiz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:10 AM

Problem solved: manualy clearing IE-temp did the trick (don't know why though, but anyway ...) thanks for your attention p_n

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:58 AM

Hi,
Glad you managed to fix the problem, sorry we couldn't get round to your post sooner.
If you have not used ATF Cleaner by Atribune then it is a very useful application to have in your toolbox.
Its free, small, automatic, and well respected. The first time you use it you can allow it to clean up everything if you wish or you can exclude the Prefetch. If you clean your prefetch then it will slow down slightly your machine for the first one or two reboots but then you will begin to feel the benefits.

Run regularly say every few weeks or so (apart from Prefetch) it will help keep your machine, lean, clean and and clear of a lot of the junk files that slow down your system.
http://www.atribune....tent/view/25/2/
(its for win 2K, XP, and Vista)
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate