This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Novice Needs Help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Where do I begin…I am running Windows XP and since Feb 13th, 2007 my system tray keeps showing me the Security Center Icon prompting me to install a security update #KB923723. I will click install and then it will return with the message that my computer has been updated, but the icon remains in the system tray and will never go away. If I continue to click on this icon, it will still show that the same update needs to be installed (although add/remove programs shows that this has been installed already).
I have restarted my computer, even shut it down and the icon will reappear after every start up requesting me to install this same update. Please help me to remove this problem.~~~~~DBaby23A

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI