Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

HP Deskjet won't print from Word

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rexcatz

rexcatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:16 PM

My printer prints well generally but now I want to print something from Word it just rolls through 2 sheets of paper with no text. What could be the problem do you think? There used to be an Epson installed but I removed that from my sytem. Thankyou.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:58 PM

Hmmm, let me take a guess...the HP Deskjet 3740 Series? Well, not really a guess ;). Try HP's troubleshooting page for this issue.

Regards,

Ax

#3 rexcatz

rexcatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:12 PM

Hi Ax Yes you are absolutely correct...the HP 3745 to exact...how did you know? I can see I am in for trouble. Thanks for the link...will let you know what happens. Belinda

#4 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:09 PM

Belinda,

Yes you are absolutely correct...the HP 3745 to exact...how did you know?

I helped you in a previous thread and your PC PitStop TechExpress Link shows the installed hardware ;).

I look forward to hearing your results,

Ax

Edited by Ax238, 22 February 2007 - 06:10 PM.

#5 rexcatz

rexcatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:15 PM

Ah sneaky...I tried all the steps in the troubleshooter...I now have a guy from HP helping me via email...he suspects it is Word, not the printer...we will soon find out. Belinda

#6 rexcatz

rexcatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:46 PM

Hi Ax Yeah well apparantly it is MS Word which I have to uninstall and reinstall. Problem is I dont have the disc so that is that I suppose unless you have any suggestions. Thankyou. Belinda

#7 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:45 PM

We might still have some options. Make sure you are out of Microsoft Word. Go to Start|Search and click All files and folders. Scroll down the left pane and make sure "Search hidden files and folders" is checked. Search for the filename: normal.dot Delete all instances of this file.

Tell me if this helps,

Ax

#8 rexcatz

rexcatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:04 AM

Only Word files called 'Normal', not 'normal.dot'...is this them?

#9 rexcatz

rexcatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:36 AM

Only Word files called 'Normal', not 'normal.dot'...is this them? There are 2...one kind of ghosty. Actually the printer printed another Word document (from the last page first (if this is normal)) but at least it printed it. I then tried to print the document I really need but no luck again.

#10 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:17 PM

Yes they would be called "Normal" if you don't have extensions viewable. In the Type it should say "Microsoft Word Template", but it appears you have found the correct file(s) to delete.

#11 rexcatz

rexcatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:41 PM

Well well, you have excelled again Ax...my gratitudes to you...can you please tell me why that worked though. Belinda

#12 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:43 PM

Good to hear Belinda, I'm glad that resolved your issue. There are certain print settings that can cause Microsoft Word to print like that. These settings, as well as other default document settings, are stored in a template document called "Normal.dot". When you delete this document, Word will then create a new one when you run the program. This new one has all the settings reset to default, usually a good place to start when troubleshooting these types of issues. Regards, Ax