This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

TomCoyote - Dismiss LittleEagle

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

To whom it may concern, I understand that according to your "New Members Post" (which is locked, BTW) you do not want new users replying to other user's HiJackThis log file posts. While I understand your reasoning you should reconsider the way you execute your procedures. I posted replies to two topics today. I am OVER qualified for this. I just happened to arrive at this forum through a Google query. My replies were subsequently deleted by LittleEagle. As far as I know, LittleEagle may hold a position of power in your organization in which case my post here is worthless. However, my advice to the two users was good advice. I suggest in the future that your "teachers" should evaluate the post before hastily deleting it. Fahrenheit 451 anybody? These folks would be out of luck if they were to Google across this forum in an attempt to find a solution to their problem that I had previously solved. LittleEagle, please be more careful with your words next time when posting regarding other user's advice. Do not address me as a "know nothing" when you know nothing about me. Instead, read my post. Verify that it has valid advice in it and then reinforce the advice with your own post also containing a suggestion that the advice giver jump through whatever hoops ya'll have in place to become a "teacher". It was incredibly obvious that my advice would have no caused any harm to the user’s PC. Elitism is not an admirable trait and the way that you reacted to my post was a perfect display of it. I have no interest in becoming a "teacher" here. I just give information to people who ask for it. In this case, an ignorant LittleEagle destroyed that advice and insulted me in the process. This does not reflect professionalism in the least. Bionic "Just Googlin' Through" Thumb A+, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE, Network+ I have 15 years professional experience in computer systems and network support.
We have rules in place for the protection of our users. They are clearly stated at the top of the malware removal forum where you replied:

ONLY authorized members are allowed to reply to topics in this forum. This is due to damage that can be caused by improper advice.

Improper advice can at worse damage a system, or at least remove clues that would help to clean it properly.

I'm sure you are very knowledgeable, but please understand offering assistance in an online environment is very different from having direct access to a system. Over many years, and many thousands of successful resolutions we have developed proven standards and practices for this kind of help. If you'd like to offer your talents here, we welcome you to join our classroom. Otherwise, please respect our rules and refrain from offering advice in the malware forum.

Kind Regards,
–
Blair
Sorry for the offence.

Elitism is not an admirable trait

Yes it is.

I am OVER qualified for this.

We both seem to have that problem ;)

We have rules in place for the protection of our users. They are clearly stated at the top of the malware removal forum where you replied:

I was off work for lunch and was in a hurry, and did not have the time to respond in a pleasant manner.
So again sorry for the offensive post ;)
I for one want to put in my two cents. I am proud of little eagle! I am sure he and many others have made folks mad at times, I know I have! being just a simple minded man here, I for one have read the little deal about not jumping in a post and why. I AGREE! I do not care how smart you are or how much knowledge you have and years of experiance behind you. Not one bit! when I see a single block under your name I know straight away that you are new here and have not proven yourself. Two blocks to me means you need a lot of help! YA Know, you probably are like me and screw things up a bit more then others; yes you might know some things but there is a place and time for two blockers to post. I could really screw things up around here if I went posting like I knew something. I do and at the same time I am limited. I am sorry you feel poorly twords little eagle and this site right now. but for the length of time I have been around here helping and getting help and just reading I have found that most of these people really care for what they are doing. I would advise you to do the classroom too. If you know so much you would be through in no time at all and would be helping many people and we need it here. I like this site and hope it stays. Nope I have not made a bunch of pals not a one but you know these folks help and piss people off too. I guess that is why itis called life! when some folks start helping you out you get to know their personality and you learn to play with them in words and it can be fun. Dough is one of those people, his personality came out and I felt comfortable with what he said and did and I played back. great times for a bored law student. hahah any way I am on a soap box and need to step down 'fore I fall off. best to you ; and think about all those people YOU COULD help.
Another problem this user doesn't seem to take into consideration is the time that would be spent looking at every users advice that was not authorized to respond to the topic and evaluate it's merit, again even then it would not matter because as said before this site has clearly stated rules about this sort of thing. Since the authorized users are trying to get through mountains of problems that mount up every day taking the time to do this is just taking more time away from those that need their help.