This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

INTERNET DISOCNNECTS EVERY OTHER MINUTE!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

HI, I HAVE A SPEEDTOUCH 330 USB ADSL MODEM AND THE INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING LIKE CRAZY!! I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING, REINSTALLING THE DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE, TRYING IT IN ANOTHER USB INPUT, I EVEN REINSTALLED WINDOWS! THE FUNNY THING IS THAT THIS STARTED HAPPENING AFTER I UPDATED MY BIOS ON MY INTEL D946GZIS MOTHERBOARD! BEFORE THAT I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM! I TRIED USING DIFFERENT PHONE LINES AND EVEN DIFFERENT PHONE SOCKETS. I NOTICED ONE THING ABOUT THE MODEM, THERE ARE TWO LIGHTS ONE FOR THE USB AND ONE FOR THE ADSL LINE, THE USB LIGHT KEEPS DIMMING, I HAVE HEARD IT MIGHT BE THE MODEM IS NOT GETTING ENOUGH POWER? BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT COULD BE, SO PLEASE HELP ME!! AND IF YOU CAN, FIND A DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE OLDER BIOS FOR MY BOARD, THE ONE RIGHT BEFORE THE NEW ONE THAT'S OUT, I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE THAT. I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP!
Hi naiefelyemeni, Don't know if this will help but when i upgraded from 2mb to 8mb my connection would also keep dropping,rang my isp and found out that my modem would not support the increase mine was Alcatel speedtouch.so i upgraded to livebox(router)and havn't had any problems since (also cheaper). Regards pacman123
Hello,

I would say if you only started noticing it after you updated your BIOS, then this may be the root of your problem. Try resetting the BIOS by either removing the CMOS battery on the board or toggling the jumpers. More information here.

Regards,

Ax

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI