Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

INTERNET DISOCNNECTS EVERY OTHER MINUTE!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 naiefelyemeni

naiefelyemeni

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:24 AM

HI, I HAVE A SPEEDTOUCH 330 USB ADSL MODEM AND THE INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING LIKE CRAZY!! I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING, REINSTALLING THE DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE, TRYING IT IN ANOTHER USB INPUT, I EVEN REINSTALLED WINDOWS! THE FUNNY THING IS THAT THIS STARTED HAPPENING AFTER I UPDATED MY BIOS ON MY INTEL D946GZIS MOTHERBOARD! BEFORE THAT I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM! I TRIED USING DIFFERENT PHONE LINES AND EVEN DIFFERENT PHONE SOCKETS. I NOTICED ONE THING ABOUT THE MODEM, THERE ARE TWO LIGHTS ONE FOR THE USB AND ONE FOR THE ADSL LINE, THE USB LIGHT KEEPS DIMMING, I HAVE HEARD IT MIGHT BE THE MODEM IS NOT GETTING ENOUGH POWER? BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT COULD BE, SO PLEASE HELP ME!! AND IF YOU CAN, FIND A DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE OLDER BIOS FOR MY BOARD, THE ONE RIGHT BEFORE THE NEW ONE THAT'S OUT, I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE THAT. I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 pacman123

pacman123

Authentic Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:25 PM

Hi naiefelyemeni, Don't know if this will help but when i upgraded from 2mb to 8mb my connection would also keep dropping,rang my isp and found out that my modem would not support the increase mine was Alcatel speedtouch.so i upgraded to livebox(router)and havn't had any problems since (also cheaper). Regards pacman123

#3 naiefelyemeni

naiefelyemeni

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:30 PM

NOT REALLY, BUT THANKS ANYWAY.

#4 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:32 PM

Hello,

I would say if you only started noticing it after you updated your BIOS, then this may be the root of your problem. Try resetting the BIOS by either removing the CMOS battery on the board or toggling the jumpers. More information here.

Regards,

Ax